Start-Up Chile is a program created by the Chilean Government that seeks to attract early-stage, high-potential entrepreneurs to bootstrap their startups using Chile as a platform to go global. The end goal of this program is to position Chile as the innovation and entrepreneurship hub of Latin America.
Start-Up Chile has a large portfolio, receiving in between 200 – 250 companies a year. This deal flow is represented by 3 distinct programs based on the stage of the startup.
- The S Factory: Pre-acceleration program for startups in early concept stage focusing in female founders. Selected companies receive $10 million CLP (around USD$14K) equity free and 3 months acceleration. Two rounds a year of 20-30 companies each.
- Seed: Acceleration program for startups with a functional product and early validation. Selected companies receive $20 million CLP (around USD$30K) equity free and 6 months acceleration. Two rounds a year of 80-100 companies each.
- Scale: Follow-on fund for top performing startups that are incorporated in Chile, have traction and are looking to scale in LATAM and globally. Selected companies receive $60 million CLP (around USD$86K) equity free with the condition that they incorporate and open operations in Chile. Two rounds a year of 20-30 companies each.
In each of them, at least one of the founders of the startup has to settle in Chile and give back to the Chilean society through a social impact program that aims to promote innovation and entrepreneurship.
Besides the grants and the co-working space, Start-Up Chile offers an acceleration program that includes:
- SUP Academy: Training program (workshops, talks and other learning experiences), Platoons (peer to peer monitoring and support) and Pitch Training.
- Connections: Global and local mentors, investors, and market networks.
- Events: External and internal events (Demo Day and Tech Evenings).
- Experience: Soft-landing and internal activities to promote the networking and the creation of a community.
2016 Calls (2 calls each Program)
- The S Factory: From March 1st to March 15th & from July 4th to July 18th
- Seed: From January 19th to February 16th & from August 16th to September 6th
- Scale: From March 15th to April 4th (only for Start-Up Chile alumni) & June 7th to June 28th (open application)